
I've been very neglectful of my craft blog, and crafting in general, recently. Somewhere along the way I've lost some motivation to sew. But I recently rearranged my living room so that my sewing machine can be set up all the time and not be in the middle of the room, so I'm hoping that will help me be better about working on projects when I have some free time. Amanda came over last weekend for a craft day and that helped too. She knitted and I sewed and I actually got some things done. And she was good about pushing me to work on this quilt for my mother that I started back when I was living in Sunapee last winter. Mom picked out the fabric when I was still living with her in Maine and I promised her I would make a queen sized quilt for her bed. The size of the quilt is a bit daunting for me, which I think is part of why I haven't been wanting to work on it. But when I laid it out the other day when Amanda was here, I realized that it really isn't that bad. Yes, it is big and it is going to get bigger, but I think it is going to be beautiful when it's all finished and I know Mom will love it. I'd say about about 60% done with the top now, so it's coming along. I'll keep you posted as to the progress and definitely post a photo when I've finished piecing the top.
Looking good! Let's schedule another craft day soon! Christmas is coming, I have a lot to do!!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
I find that after moving it takes me awhile to get settled enough to begin sewing again. Sewing is theraputic (sp) but I must be somewhat settled to start the process.
ReplyDeleteI must start working on a baby quilt for R and D...just a couple more things to do first...