Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Books

I got a couple of new books at Borders today and I know I am going to love them. I had looked at this "Material Obsessions" one before and, since I had a coupon for Borders and I've been doing a lot of sewing lately, I decided I could treat myself to it. There are some great patterns for quilts that I can't wait to try, including the one on the cover.

The Japanese quilt book was a random purchase, but I used it this afternoon with my fun 1930s fabric and I love it already! It shows a bunch of different blocks you can make and ways to combine them together. I used the first block in the book for my fabric this afternoon and I'm really happy with it. I can't wait to use this book more!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    I just started with a 3 1/2" square in the middle then a 3 1/2" square under it and then went to two 3 1/2 x 6 1/2" squares and the last one is 3 1/2 x 9 1/2. I just made this quilt up from a pattern I saw on a floor. Hope this helps. Heather

    ReplyDelete

 

Crafty Camper | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates