Monday, April 20, 2009

New Fabric

Mom and I went to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday and they were having a HUGE sale, so I couldn't resist picking up a bunch of new fabric for upcoming projects.

Mom wants a computer case and she loved this fabric, so I'm going to attempt to make one, which is good because I already purchased some other fabric that I want to use for a case for myself. I'll try hers first and see how it works!

My friend is having a baby and I couldn't resist this cute fabric. I love making baby quilts - they come together so quickly and are so fun to make!

For her birthday/Mother's Day, I told Mom I would make her a quilt and she could choose this fabric. This is what she chose and I think it is going to be really nice. I love the paisley fabric and the others are a nice complement to it.

This fabric was another whim purchase, but I have some projects in mind for it. My sewing machine didn't come with a cover, so I am going to make a slip cover for it out of the pink fabric (it is a home decor fabric, so it is a little bit thicker than regular cotton and I think it will work well for what I have in mind). The brown and green are going to be a gift, so stay tuned to see what they evolve into.

Fat quarters were only 99 cents, so it seemed silly not to buy one of each fabric I liked. Here they are all laid out. I don't know what they'll become, but I love the possibilities...

1 comment:

  1. WHERE ARE YOU STORING ALL THIS FABRIC??? I love the colors and patterns you've chosen and am chuckling over the quantity you have purchased!

    ReplyDelete

 

Crafty Camper | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates